Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally, after all these years...

When I was in my pre-teens, we used to drive to Poland once a year with a bunch of other families. It was a long drive and sometimes and even longer wait at the border.
In order to pass the time, one of the older girls used to hand out one or two sheets of paper for a road-trip scavenger hunt. There were a few items on the list that showed up every year and frankly, were near-impossible to find.
Over time (again, LOTS of time) we did find most of them: A car with more than three colors, a truck with an elephant on the side of it,... we even found the pyramids (those are surprisingly easy to find if you don't fall asleep during a certain part of the ride). But there was one item in paticular that we never did see.
Yesterday I was on my way to a rugby tournament (yes, were else do I go these days) in Pennsylvania. We took the route that takes us through two tunnels and right through the middle of "The City". As we were coming through the tunnel, I remarked: Hey, that truck lots funny, it looks like it's reversing through the tunnel.
Then I stopped. And looked. And blinked and looked again.
here it was, after all those years of waiting:
A tow truck being towed by a tow truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment