Friday, April 2, 2010

Top 5 ways to know it's spring...

5. We haven't had a snow day in a month. I didn't know what a snow day was until I got an email that all classes were canceled due to the weather, twice. Within minutes I realized everyone was displaying end of the world behavior. The 7/11 had a continuous flow of people coming out carrying the essential (beer and frozen pizza), half of my room mates showed up that evening carrying a six-pack or two and I got several "pary at..."-text messages.
4. Flower buds and leaves are experiencing a comeback. The one thing they are definitely not lacking is rain. I learned some important things about the (non existent) irrigation system on long island. On several days I felt like I was living a triathlon. Walking, biking and swimming through puddles and streets turned to rivers.
3. Rugby games are no longer in the snow, they're in the mud (we did have some in the sun as well).
2. Finally SUNSHINE!!!

1. I received two emails announcing engagements as well as 3 wedding invitations-emails on one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment