Sunday, September 26, 2010

Eeeek! Eels…

People seem to equate Shannon with Fearless. This is not necessarily true – I do have my fair share of things that make my knees shake and my heart pound. I am not, however, squeamish and generally up to poke and prod and hold things – be it slimy, slimy fish, slimy, slimy fish gonads, stinky, stinky whale guts, and so forth.
At this point would like to admit, that these huge eels that we occasionally pull out kinda freak me out. Some of them are almost 2m long, their wiggle and squirm, and as we pull them up to either bring them on board or just cut the line, they stare into your eyes and give you the “I’m going to bite your head off in just a sec”-expression. They don’t actually make a sound by I always envision (enaudio?) them making a hissing, dragon-style I’m-about-to-breath-fire-type sound.
Yes, eels are freaky!

[once I get a better internet connection you'll be able to view the Shannon-holding-eel-picture]

it's me - plus the a kingsnake eel

No comments:

Post a Comment