Friday, September 3, 2010

High on happiness and adrenaline...

Last night around 11pm, I was sitting at the kitchen table with one of my finally-returned-housemates reading through stacks of papers with unbelievable energy and chatting when I realized: "I am totally high on happiness and adrenaline". I had just come back from a rugby practice which I will admit turned even my legs to jelly (the college team for whatever reason believes that I don't ever get sore... EVER!) but I was still going strong on a high from running around so much.
And most of you have heard the news - I passed all my comprehensive exams (qualifying exams for my PhD)! Yes, it is going to take some time to wipe this big grin off of my face. I realized that with the end of this semester I will have all my requirements complete: I finished my core classes and the comps and should know all about biological, chemical, physical and geological oceanography (or at least where to look for information in that area!), I've taken my required amount of extra classes, will be going out into the field (A LOT!) this semester which goes well beyond our field work requirement. And, which I am quite excited about, this semester I am doing my Teaching Practicum, which mean I will actually be giving two or three lectures in front of an undergrad class of over 100 students!
Which is what I dived into right after finishing up my oral exams and matter of fact I need to get back to...

No comments:

Post a Comment