Friday, August 21, 2009

The "I got my Mom for help"-effect

So, sports being a big deal does come with benefits. For example, a pool to be used when no team practice is going on. Currently, my ears a still full of water from testing this priviledge yesterday.
It didn't go exactly as planned - that is the swimming part did, it was the part after that made for one of those "I can't believe this is happening"-moments.
I returned quite wet and ready to get changed to realize that I had somehow managed to jam my locker which contained all my clothes.
Not good.
I put quite a bit of effort into getting it open.
To no avail.
I went back into the pool ask the lifeguard-dude for help (or where to find help) and he directed me to the front desk. Which I had sort of expected, but had been secretly hoping there would be an alternative to walking out in the lobby in my bathing suit.
So I wandered out in my bathing suit only to find -
noboy.
Considering my options would have been wandering the entire Indoor Sports Complex in my bathing suit I opted for hanging out in the lobby looking lost and confused hoping somebody would show up who could help me.
Somebody (a female somebody, which was even more convenient) did show up. Opened the door to "building maintenance" went in and just when I was about to knock came back out again, saw me still standing in the front lobby in my bathing suit and said: "Do you need some help?".
I almost said: "Yeah, do I look like I usually run around lobbies in my bathing suit?!" - because a) I don't (hang around in lobbies in my bathing suit) and b) I really don't look like I run around in my bathing suit. Or anywhere for that matter. And if you've seen my in a bathing suit lately, it becomes quite obvious. I have tan lines from my shorts, tan lines from my t-shirt(s) and tan lines from the one day I did run around in my bathing suit.
Instead I said: "Yeah, I jammed my locker..." and we went back into the women's changing room she said: "Which one." and I said: "This one." And she grabbed the handle and -
It opened. No problem. Great.
This is the "I got my Mom for help"-effect as in you can't find something in your room and the moment you get your Mom she walks into your room and -
There it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment