Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the comps are coming...

Today I was on campus for a last Q&A's session before my comprehensive exams (for all who have asked: the written part is Thursday&Friday, my oral exam will be Wednesday). There was a crew of about 30 new grad students were there for their orientation, too.
Hard to believe that it really has been a year since I moved to Long Island to start my PhD! Time flies! Currently, time isn't going quite fast enough - I can't wait for my exams to be OVER.
My room is study zone central, it looks like a tornado struck, there are papers everywhere, stacks of books and binders, shoes, clothes...
Though I would like to mention that I do not have piles of dirty clothes all over the floor. When I have clothes on the floor, it's because while I still have it together enough to do my laundry, I don't get around to folding them... I'll bring them into my room, leave them on my bed to fold later, then later comes and goes and turns into bedtime, so I move all the clothes next to the bed, in order to fold them the next morning. And about a week later... well, I'm sure you get the picture.
So yes, all I have to do is survive til Tuesday next week (here's to hoping my allergies will die down!) and I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment