Thursday, November 5, 2009

under the weather...

I'm still here. Still kicking and fighting and digging my way through the never ending stack of papers that need to be read, information that needs to find its way into my head and homeworks that need to be graded. Though in my defense, the "to be graded stack" does get cleared quite quickly once I sit down and do it (usually with something yummy baking in the oven) - but I am pretty sure that I have seen that stack get bigger while I am working my through it. I'm pretty sure they multiply. They also mess with my head. I'm pretty sure I FELT a few of my brain cells falter and die the other day. It not only has to do with the repetitiveness of reading the same (wrong) thing over and over and OVER again... It also has to do with the fact that in our day and age essays can be submitted electronically - five minutes before the deadline. Writing under pressure and with a deadline takes on a new meaning and trust me, those essays usually are not a pretty sight. And unfortunately, I drop in my level of argument and expression - and it starts getting really, really difficult to bring out a coherent, stringent somewhat intelligent sentence. Which has made some of my study sessions quite entertaining.
For everyone else.
But I guess, that just means I'm still entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment